Our Ingredients Make These Granola Bars Special
Allulose (monosaccharide) is a new sweetener, which provides minimal calories and carbs. In addition, several studies have shown that it provides several health benefits to humans. Some of its benefits include:
- Control blood sugar levels
Allulose is a powerful tool to manage diabetes. Several animal studies have depicted that allulose can help in increasing insulin sensitivity, lowering blood sugar levels, and reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes by protecting the pancreatic beta cells that produce insulin.
- Promotes fats loss.
A recent study has found that allulose is effective in reducing visceral fat in humans, which is strongly linked with several diseases such as heart diseases and obesity. In another study, rats were fed with high-sugar diet; one group was given 5% cellulose and the other 5% allulose. The result revealed that allulose-fed rats significantly burned more fat and calories overnight and gained less fat as compared to the cellulose-fed rats.
- Protects against fatty liver.
Evidence has shown that in addition to preventing weight gain, it also prevents fat storage in the liver. Hepatic steatosis (fatty liver) is strongly linked with type-2 diabetes and insulin resistance. In a 15-week study, diabetic rats were given cellulose, fructose, allulose, and no sugar. The results revealed that allulose-fed rats decreased 38% liver fat and less weight gain than other groups.
- Almonds are the most popular tree nut mainly because of their high content in healthy mono-saturated fats, protein, fiber, and other important nutrients.
- They are the best source of accumulating antioxidants and can protect your body from hazards of oxidative damage.
- Almonds are also high in magnesium, so they offer major improvements for metabolic syndrome.
- They can lead to a heavy reduction in bad LDL cholesterol from the body.
- Since almonds are loaded with fiber, consuming a handful of these dry fruits a day will keep your GI tract moving and free of constipation.
- They also provide almost all the healthy fats that help keep skin soft and supple.
- With an abundance of Vitamin E, almonds keep your heart healthy and devoid of cardiac disorders.
- Coconut oil is rich in MCTs responsible for numerous health benefits in the body.
- When used in moderate amounts, coconut oil increases calorie burn compared to longer chain fatty acids.
- It significantly reduces appetite and helps manage body weight over a long-term duration.
- Some components of coconut oil also boost levels of good cholesterol in the body.
- When consumed daily, the oil protects skin against harsh UV rays that otherwise lead to wrinkling and brown spots.
- MCTs also boost your metabolic rate.
- It is a potent ingredient against all kinds of bacteria, so a good option for maintaining good oral hygiene.
- Flaxseeds are loaded with essential nutrients. Numerous health benefits of flaxseeds are linked to the presence of fiber and omega-three fatty acids.
- The lignans in flaxseeds have powerful estrogen and antioxidant properties.
- Every seed is jam-packed with healthy fibers. Adding them to your daily diet regime is sure to improve bowel movement and your overall gut/digestive health.
- The biggest benefit of flaxseeds is that they make you feel full and help manage weight loss by suppressing your appetite.
- Flaxseed is also very good for your heart health. It reduces blood pressure and LDL cholesterol in the body to prevent stroke and other chronic heart conditions.
- Flax seed has been shown to inhibit the formation of tumors, especially in the colon, breasts, and prostate. With its anti-antigenic properties, tumors become unable to form new blood vessels and grow.
- Mucilage, the soluble fiber of the flaxseeds, also slows the emptying of your stomach.
- They are rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins, potassium, sodium, calcium, iron, and zinc.
- These seeds are a major source of protein, meaning they deliver all nine essential amino acids to your body.
- The fiber content in hemp seeds mostly lies in their outer shell, so it is better to consume them with hulls intact.
- Hemp seeds reduce body inflammation and help manage symptoms related to chronic diseases.
- The gamma-linolenic acid reduces negative PMS symptoms, including bloating, depression, and irritability.
- The insoluble fibers are also very important. They add bulk to your stool and reduces your risk of developing bowel cancer.
- The seed oil helps balance lipids in the blood, thus reducing skin itching and dryness.
Monk fruit is a small green melon, which is native to China and named after a monk who first cultivated it. It provides several health benefits to humans, that’s why used in traditional Chinese medicines (TCM) for decades. Its extract is used as a sweetener, which is 150 to 250 times sweeter than table sugar but provides zero carbs and calories. Also, do not raise blood sugar levels.
Some important health benefits of monk fruit are:
Safe for Diabetics
Monk fruit contains mograsides, which are safe for diabetics and does not raise blood glucose levels. So, it can be added to any food product without worrying about calories, sugars, and carbohydrates.
Helps in weight reduction.
This fruit provides no fat and calories, so it can be a great option for anyone watching his waistline. In this way, you can save substantial calories and carbs by simply replacing table sugar with monk fruit sweeteners throughout your day.
Monk fruit contains strong anti-inflammatory properties. That’s why it is used in TCM for decades in making hot drinks that give relief from cold and sore throat. The research has shown that monk fruit mogrosides are anti-inflammatory that can prevent cancer and regulate blood sugar levels.
- Pumpkins are quite rich in terms of minerals and vitamins while being extremely low in calories.
- The presence of Vitamins A and C, pumpkin helps boost your immune system and strengthen your immunity against diseases.
- It is a nutrient-dense food and a good source of fiber which helps suppress appetite and necessary food cravings.
- Pumpkin contains compounds that work as a natural sunblock. It also helps keep your skin shiny, healthy, and strong.
- The sharp color of the fruit comes from beta-carotene in its composition. Once consumed, the body converts it into Vitamin A for better eye health and eyesight.
- Beta-carotene also helps reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, providing protection against CV diseases or asthma and lowering the risks linked to age-related muscle degeneration.
- Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds deliver a wide range of essential minerals and vitamins like vitamin A, C, E, riboflavin, folate, and niacin.
- One serving of sesame seeds delivers up to 12% of the fiber in the body, which improves a person’s digestive health.
- Hulled sesame seeds are an ideal source of protein and work as a building block of the body.
- Sesame seeds are abundant in niacin, thiamine, and vitamin B6 for proper metabolism and cellular function.
- It is rich in antioxidants, quality, and proteins but low in carbohydrates.
- Sesame and sesamolin have antibacterial properties and play a vital role in protecting your body against different diseases.
- They are packed in copper, which helps produce red blood cells and supports better immune function.
- The antioxidant properties also inhibit plaque buildup for good oral hygiene.
Soy crisps encourage healthier snacking. These snacks are low in calories, sugars, and carbs and high in protein and fiber. Some important health benefits of soy crisps are:
- High in nutrients.
In terms of texture, soy protein crisps are like potato crisps but low in calories. These crisps are rich in vitamins (such as vitamin D, B, and K) and minerals. According to research, these micronutrients perform several important functions in the human body including strong bone development, blood clotting, and proper vision.
Soy crisps are also rich in iron, which is required for energy production and manufacturing of red blood cells in your body.
- Promotes heart health.
Eating soy products can help you lowering blood cholesterol levels, which is associated with heart diseases. This is because they are high in protein, fiber, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). They also contain isoflavones, which are strong antioxidants and can mimic estrogen in your body.
A recent study has shown that people with high cholesterol levels consuming soy products observed a significant decline in LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and an increase in HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Sunflower seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, so lower down risk factors linked to many chronic diseases.
- The abundance of minerals and vitamins supports a person’s immune system and increases their ability to fight diseases and viruses.
- Sunflower seeds improve your energy levels, whereas other nutrients help keep you active throughout the day.
- Sunflower seeds are a high source of selenium antioxidants and zinc.
- The fiber content of sunflower seeds also decreases toxic levels of LDL cholesterol in the blood.
- The presence of oleic and linoleic acid alongside low saturated fats and sodium levels helps lower blood pressure. This effect is important in protecting your body from cardiovascular diseases.
- Patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus can safely consume the seeds knowing that they aid in reducing blood sugar levels.