Our Granola Bars Work with Many Diets
Table of Contents
- The vegan diet is rich in nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants.Because it consists of grains, nuts, seeds, beans, vegetables, and fruits. In a vegan diet, animal products such as meat and milk products are eliminated. So, it is low in saturated fats.
- A vegan diet helps to lose weightor to improve your physical fitness. Some studies have shown that vegans have low BMI than non-vegans. It is because it reduces your calorie intake.
- Vegans have a low risk of type 2 diabetesand kidney disorders. It is so because a vegan diet contains whole grains which are rich in fiber and low in refined sugar.
- One who follows a vegan diet has alow risk of prostate, breast, and colon cancer due to the rich number of antioxidants in their diet.
- Those who include fruits, vegetables, legumes, and fiber in their diet have a low risk of heart disease. This is because a vegan diet maintains blood sugar levels, Low-density lipoprotein, and cholesterol in your body. As result, it improves the plasma lipid profile of your body and decreases the risk of stroke, atherosclerosis, and metabolic syndrome.
- Vegan diet helps you inboosting your mood as it has a detoxing effect that makes you feel easy and free.
- Vegan diet helps you in getting healthy glowing skin. As it contains more vegetables and fruits, so it has antioxidant effects on your body.
In 2023, you’ve probably heard the word ‘Keto’ thrown around many times. With good reason, a Keto diet is a diet advertised as a weight-loss regimen. Keto limits the intake of carbs, therefore providing several potential health benefits. It is therefore identified as a low-carb, high-fat diet.
The idea behind Keto is that, by eating fewer carbs, your body burns fat for fuel. People who practice Keto may experience lower insulin levels; meaning their bodies must access stored up fat for energy. There are many Benefits to keto diets such as enhancing weight loss and reducing blood sugar levels.
Things to Consider Before Starting Keto
Although eating fewer carbs offers many benefits, not just anyone can start a keto diet. While it appears to very safe, the following groups of people may require medical advice before starting.
- People subject to High Blood Pressure
- Diabetic persons who actively take medication like insulin.
What to Eat on a Keto Diet
By sacrificing carb intake, the keto diet demands a high fat requirement. For instance, a daily 2,000-calorie diet would require something like 40 grams of carbs, 75 grams of protein and a significant 165 grams of fat. Based on your calorie intake, your ratio may differ.
Fats you can eat on a Keto diet include unsaturated fats like nuts, avocados and saturated fats like butter, palm oil. Protein is a staple for the keto diet, and you can eat anything from egg and beef to pork and bacon. Fruits and vegetables are equally important, such as berries, spinach, cabbage, etc., as they rich in carbs but in smaller doses.
For drinks, water is perfect. Coffee and tea, without sugar, can be allowed. Dairy products, like cheese and milk, are great. A glass of wine here and there is fine as well. Things to avoid would be all foods that are sugary, starchy and are high in carbs, such as bread, rice, pasta and potatoes.
- Is Keto Safe?
Eating a keto diet is safe for most people. But as aforementioned, if you’re currently on medications for diabetes or high blood pressure; or are breastfeeding woman, consult a doctor before starting the diet.
- Can I Lose Weight with Keto?
Yes, in fact keto diet is perfect for people who struggle with losing weight. During the first week alone, most people lose about 2 to 4 pounds. Others lose a lot more weight.
- How much Carbs is ‘Less Carbs’ for Keto?
Please remember, Keto is one of many low-carb diets. Some low-carb diets accommodate moderate carbohydrate consumption; however keto diet aims for a low, minimal 20 grams of net carbs a day.
- How Do I Start Keto?
Clean out your pantry and fridge, by removing high-carb food. Plan ahead if you can, it makes it a lot easier.
Take it slow at the beginning by trying out keto products like our Zero Sugar Granola Bar. As you ease into ketosis, you can then shop for more low-carb foods.
The Paleo diet is a simple type of diet used by our ancestors in the Paleolithic era. This diet includes vegetables, fruits, meat and poultry, fish, nuts and seeds, and plant-based oils.
- Paleo diet balances your blood sugar levelas it doesn’t contain refined or processed sugars.
- As this diet has a high amount of meat in it so it providesoptimum protein for your muscles.
- Paleo is a gluten-free dietas you ignore wheat and wheat products in your diet while following paleo. So, it will be the best diet for individuals dealing with celiac disease.
- Paleo diet contains much amount of fiber in it which increases your satiety. So, because of this, there are low chances of blood sugar crashes and food cravings.
- Paleo diet contains foods that have many anti-inflammatory effectsbecause of the presence of antioxidants and phytonutrients in them. So, it helps in the prevention of diseases like cancers, cardiovascular disorders, and diabetes.
- As food in the paleo diet is natural so there will be no chemicals or additives that will interfere with the working of serotonin (sleep signal hormone), and you will have a better sleep.
- Paleo diet doesn’t contain processed foods. Thus, it will be 100% naturaland fresh.
- By choosing paleo you are going toavoid junk food which can have various negative impacts on your body health such as increasing your cholesterol level or having unhealthy weight gain.
- As paleo diet is free of trans fat, caffeine, and refined sugars, it has detoxing effectson your body. Thus, this detoxification leads toward glowing skin as well as helps your nervous system in working freely and properly.
- Paleo diet reactivates your psychological strengthand healthy eating attitudes. One who goes for paleo has high self-control and self-esteem along with a low risk of depression and stress.
- Paleo dietimproves your insulin sensitivity and decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- The fiber content in the paleo diet helps in improving the gastrointestinal healthof your body.